Saturday, February 19, 2011

Rabbithole...

Aren't humans boring
and terribly non-exciting
working for a living,
pushing and fighting
burying a dream or two
every passing day
one has got to be real
feet on the ground, they say!

And that is why, my friend,
I write of butterflies
masters of their will
creatures of the skies
free to soar and dip
and then rise again
gliding on wingfuls
of sunshine and rain

Aren't adults a mess
with thousand thoughts
and a million minds
calling the shots
divided loyalties
and fragmented hearts
like actors on a stage
playing their parts

And that is why, my friend,
I write of children
with minds and hearts as pure
as dew in morning sun
feeling thinking and
living in totality
knowing not what is
an alternate reality

Aren't humans mundane
with limbs that walk and hold
eyes that see no far
and fingers that simply fold
limited in nerve and sinew
and the length of our bones
fenced in by our frames
shackled by our skintones

And that is why, my friend,
I write of magical elves
wish granting fairies
and babbling bookshelves
figments of imagination
on a flight of freedom
residing on the ramparts
of our so-called wisdom

Isn't it wonderful, my friend
to be able to escape
the smallness of our being
the monotony of our lifetape
turn words into wings
and fly with the butterflies
gurgle with the children
and experience magical highs
Words are but rabbitholes
in the fence of our lives, my friend
escape routes to a world
far from a reality that we cannot mend.

7 comments:

Shivani Gakhar said...

beautiful, neelam, this is really nice....! i just love what you write!! this is so true.. and you just put it so beautifully.. words really are rabbit holes!

Neelam Prabhugaonker Shetye said...

@shiv: thankoo thankoo...glad u louved it :)

Janaki Sincro Mulay said...

Very beautiful poems you write, very deep thought you put in them!

cYb0rG said...

Nice this is, liked your poem whole
of humans n elves n deep rabbit holes
But human life is not all mundane
so long as there is scope to use brain
All you do is retreat to a parallel universe
I shall stop writing before I get any verse!!

H.S. said...

Ooh,haven't been here in a while and very nice!:) Maybe we all need rabbit holes of the Alice in wonderland kind.

Unknown said...

I want to openly thank Binary H. for his service… he helped me from infidelity
and lies of my cheating husband. he was able to hack his cell phone so i
listen to every call he makes or receives, hacked his whatapps, email and
Facebook, without him finding out,it really helped my lawyer during my
divorce i have been scammed so many times but Binary H. is the best hacker
i have met,he helped me regain my freedom…i know there are lots of people
out there looking for proof and evidences about one thing or the other.
Be open and confide in him so he can be at the best of his service to you.

Do contact him via email Binaryhacker016@gmail.com ….
Tell him madison referred you for swift response....

Free MCX Trading Tips said...

waoo well written post about Of opened chests and unseen emails...

Thanks,

Gold Hni Calls | Intraday Tips Free Trial