Thursday, December 15, 2005

Return of the work-a-holy-ics anonymous

Rhyme of the ancient programmer...

When the room was dark
and there was no light
I had a nightmare
when?? oh just last night !!!

There was a noose around my neck
I was sitting in a chair
facing a cluttered screen
and everyone else was there

There were bugs crawling
with their limbs-fore and hind,
all over my body
and creeping into my mind !!!

I tried hitting a button
with relief i was about to slump
when the screen pronounced
the sentence "sys core dump" !!!

There were loadsa other buttons
I tried hitting them all
Nothing worked, nothing changed
and then...i got a call !!

Said the hoary voice
You are the one..
No one will help you
to save u will come none...!!!

The noose tightened
I was choking
I screamed and cried
yet everyone was working !!!

And then I found a note
'Users guide' it said
thousand lines of junk
in panic i read !!!

To come out of your dream
use Ctrl+Alt+Del
for this escape route
gladly my soul i wud sell !!!

And so just when my last breath
was holding onto a thread
I pressed the magic buttons
And all i saw was red !!!

cos on the screen were written
two words - maybe it was a curse
"Fatal Error" it said
and suddenly things were much worse !!!

And then i woke up screaming,
my heart twisted like a sickle
Maybe thats what happens dear pal..
after too much work in a cubicle !!!

7 comments:

H.S. said...

looks like u can do with some debugging:)and hey.,this equal music by v seth is quite good!:D

cYb0rG said...

Lord... go take a break
relax for ur own sake...
seems like work is gettin to u
it has got into ur poetry too...

:p

nice work

Neelam Prabhugaonker Shetye said...

@hems: no way hems..its too mucha debugging that has inspired this !!!! what i need is a loonngg vacation :D :p

@cyborg: hey thats cool !! well...

i had gone round the bend
To no more work i cud attend
n lo and behold,came the weekend
wat a relief !!wat a godsend !! :p

cribbin about my work
is my pet peeve
i wud take a break
if i could get a leave :)

H.S. said...

:))the weekend has come and gone
it is back to poetry forlorn?:P

Neelam Prabhugaonker Shetye said...

@hems: oh yeah..now its mid-week
i'm already feelin sick
no more work do i seek
but the chances r bleak !!

Anonymous said...

Shee(r)(sh!) poetry(?)

Perhaps you would like the Great Indian Novel and its overtures in iambic pentameter...!

Neelam Prabhugaonker Shetye said...

@jay: well..if i can have my choice...i prefer the 'shee(r)' and not the 'shee(sh)' :p :p
hmm..havent read it...its by Shashi Tharoor right ?