Tuesday, December 27, 2005

The flight....



"This is the final boarding call for the flight BA-134. Passengers please pay attention".
*****************

"Excuse me Ma'am....Ma'am...I think your phone is ringing."
"Oh...I didnt realise...thank you"
"Hello"
"Hi....."
"Please dont make this difficult for me...!!! You didn't have to call...you know how hard it is for me to go through this"
"....I know !! You at the airport ?"
"Yeah...just about to board the flight"
"Listen...I didn't mean a thing I said yesterday. I was just a little bit upset. I mean...its not your fault really. Its just the work pressure. I understand perfectly how much you care for me. I was just a big idiot"
"....."
" say something please. We have such a beautiful life...we dont have to wreck it over such a small issue"
"This isn't just about yesterday"
"But you cant just leave me and go off..."
"I just need a break...I will be back when I can get over all this ugly feeling. Maybe you need a break too"
"Iam sorry...."
"Don't be !!!!"
"......alright. Maybe you are right. But please come back soon...I cant live without you"
"Oh please..lets spare ourselves the cliches"
"I mean it....

******************

"Excuse me Ma'am..would you like something to drink"
"Huh? Yeah...an orange juice please"
"Sure ma'am"
"Thanks"

******************
"Hey dude...whats the thing with ya ?? You look so screwed man"
"Shut the trap Eddie"
"Awrightt...dont get sore man...!!!! Mannn....if you believe in all that rebirth and shit....remember not to get married in your next birth..."
"What the.....get the hell outta here !!!"
******************

"Excuse me Ma'am...you cannot use your cellphone in the plane"
"I know...I am so sorry...but this is really urgent"
"But Ma'am...its against the..."
"Please..I will not be long.....Hello..."
"Ma'am...please"
"Oh crap..its the voicemail...Hi..its me..!! I think I dont need the break...I was a big idiot to even think about reconsidering things !!! I know how much this means to you..and me !! Just wanted to tell you that I am taking the next flight out of Paris for home. Sorry....please forget this ever happened"
*****************

"And we have a breaking news..There has been a plane crash. Flight no BA 314 from New York to Paris, carrying 350 passessengers on board crashed about an hour back off the Scotland coast. As per the latest updates, no survivors have ben found. Over to our correspondant at the site of the wreck...."
*****************

"You have a new voice message. Please enter your access code...."

11 comments:

Ojas said...

Terrific! I tell you one thing though.. if the story was to end without last two paras, it would have been a complete but unrealistic story. How I wish such things happened in real life! *sigh* Anyway, what can I say about the later part! Well, that’s all that happens in this crooked world! Anyway, one more of your readers is back! Will mail on extreme graphics (if at all it exists!)

cYb0rG said...

deadly tragedy... is there a sequel? somethin like 'airborne ghost'? :p

Neelam Prabhugaonker Shetye said...

@ojas: thanks pardner !!! welcome back to this part of the world...:D !!! and yeah...waitin for a "homecoming" blogpost...
n yeah...i agree it wud have been very bollywoodish and cliched without the last two paras !! n life is not about cliches i guess...
hey still waitin for that pic for my next pic-post !!!!
xtreme-graphics is not xtinct as yet..mailed on it sometime back na !!! mail in soon..

@cyborg: hmm...had no plans for a sequel as yet !!! but i just might....but naming it 'airborne ghost'??? over my dead body !!!! (pun unintended :p :p)

H.S. said...

damn cool.. i was expecting on the likes of ..'wake up
! wake up!:)

Anonymous said...

Mom...you outdo yourself again! That story was a bolt from the blue (punintended :P...double pun!)

I've deleted my old blogs...I just maintain a new one: http://parietallobe.blogspot.com

Neelam Prabhugaonker Shetye said...

@hems: hehe...just chose to take the path less trodden :p ;)
i guess no one can wake up and escape from reality...i just wish we cud :)

@jay: thanks son :) i guess bolt from the blue sums it all !!!
shall check parietallobe...keep those synapses snappin :D

Murali said...

indeed a 'MoRantic' tragedy :((
I guess the bloke was one like me who frequently forgets his passcodes !!!

Prasoon said...

that was beautifully written..
n the pic - was superb.. any chance u clicked that?

Neelam Prabhugaonker Shetye said...

@damak: oh yeah..morantic indeed !! hehe...why dont u tell me all ur passcodes damak..then u wont have to bother abt forgettin them...wat say ??? :D :p

@prasoon: thanks :)
no i havent clicked the pic..its from gettyimages.com !!!!

Ammey Kesarkar said...

shocked! an unexpected ending!
Liked your writing style...

Regards,
Ammey Kesarkar
http://justscribble.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Do you have bad credit or in need of urgent loan to solve a pressing need? We lend secured and unsecured loans to honest and reliable individuals and companies globally at 3% interest rate. Here is the solution to your financial problem, do you also need money for your, project, business, taxes, bills, and many others reason, contact us today for that loan you desire, we can arrange any loan to suit your budget at low interest rate.Contact us (mrhamdnloanoffer@gmail.com) YOU CAN ALSO ADD US ON WHATSAPP (+447763915312)