Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Epiphany


An excerpt from 'Notes to Myself'
by Hugh Prather

I talk because I feel, and I talk to you
because I want you to know how I feel.

My statements are requests.
My questions are statements.
My trivia is an invitation to be friends.

My gossip is a plea: Please see me as
incapable of that. Please respect me.

My arguments insist: I want you to show
respect for me by agreeing with me. This
is the way I say it is.

And my criticism informs you: You hurt my
feelings a minute ago.

5 comments:

Shivani Gakhar said...

:) thanx nemo!

bhavin said...

yes, good one... very true

Neelam Prabhugaonker Shetye said...

this book is one of my favorites...these lines especially...

Madhurjya (Banjo) Banerjee said...

then have to read it definitely

Anonymous said...

is this the same book that u showed me in landmark?