Saturday, March 29, 2008

post from the past...

something written months ago and left as a draft...may it see the light
of the day... :)

I wonder from where I learnt discontentment...when did I move out from the comfort of my cradle and start coveting the leather upholstery in my neighbour's sedan?
When did I stop running after the butterfly and start chasing higher pay packages?
There was a time when the only place with grey faces was my drawing book .When did I start seeing shades of grey in myself?
It seems like just yesterday when cynicism was yet another of the tough cookies in a spelling bee. When exactly did it make the shift from my rote memory to my conscious behaviour?
I wonder.....
How was I naive enough to think that metamorphosis is only a complex geographical phenomenon for rock formation?

5 comments:

Madhurjya (Banjo) Banerjee said...

Change is bound to happen. Can we ever stop it? Should we even try?

Neelam Prabhugaonker Shetye said...

@banjo: Change is fine...its the nostalgia that gets me all upset :)

Unknown said...

mid-20s crisis? we're all with ya! *sigh*

Neelam Prabhugaonker Shetye said...

@cj: a big collective hug to all the mid-20s crisis stricken brotherhood :))

Shivani Gakhar said...

u know wat... realisation is good... when u know what's changing n in which direction, u know that theer is another option.. u can take it or not, but at least when u realised how ur life is changing, u have some control over it.. imagine those ignorant ones who don't realise.... probably they r happy that way.. i don't know.. but i wud always prefer to know than not know..